Pain Relief

Something I wish I knew well was being pain free. I have few memories of being pain free, a lot of these memories I don't remember purposely because I didn't feel good or I didn't want to remember how I felt.

I remember the times I felt good, though.

I remember the first time I ever felt true relief. I remember wanting to cry because I didn't know what this feeling was but I just smiled because it was a magical moment that freed me.

I understood what "pain free" really meant and truly felt like. I felt lighter, all over. My toes could move and wiggle. My fingers could extend further than ever before. I could grasp things and not want to cringe or just stop because it was uncomfortable. I felt like my knees could bend and I wouldn't want to fall over after a second of repeating a motion. I felt that my body wasn't my body anymore. My back felt like I could sit straight and roll my shoulders back enough to have proper posture.

If this wasn't really my body at that moment, what could I do with it? I remember asking myself this.

I remember smiling so much that my cheeks got sore but even then, that didn't hurt either.


Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Awake in pain. Feel a little less sorry for myself now. I always have pain, but it is often so low that it isn't worth mentioning. Tonight it is enough to keep me from needed sleep. This much pain in an exception for me. And so I feel grateful for the reminder of how little it actually impacts my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment